Thursday, October 20, 2011

Just a Minor Detour

So right now I am in the cardiac unit of a different hospital than the one where I was planning on being, getting shots twice a day in my stomach fat. It's all incredibly glamorous. So, how the hell did I get here? I went in the ECT hospital yesterday and during the intake screening they took my shortness of breath pretty seriously even though I attributed it as a side effect of my new medication, Fanapt, which can cause that symptom. But the CAT scan disagreed... turns out I have pulmonary embolism - blockages in my lungs, which are most likely bloodclots. Suddenly I am not allowed to walk and bam. ER. Bam. Ambulance. Bam. Cardiac unit at another hospital. They have me on Luvonox shots and I should be on my way to the ECT within a day or two. I don't know if I'll be able to have my phone after I leave this hospital but if I can, updates will be convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment