Friday, October 21, 2011

Unexpected Testing

I am still in the cardiac unit, on this extended field trip away from the Electroconvulsive hospital in which I was orginally hoping to receive treatment for my mental illness. As you may know from reading past posts, during my ECT screening while doing intake at the hospital on Wednesday they found some symptoms I was describing as suspicious and soon detected pulmonary ebolism, bloodclots in my lungs. Its Friday now and they're nowhere near discharging me as far as I can tell. A 22 year old woman without any real obvious causes for this, I think its an abnormal case for the doctors. I was debating whether to post about this section of my hospitalization since it doesn't directly involve ECT at this point, but I am deciding to stray from a strictly ECT blog for now. Today is genetic testing, leg ultrasounds, and stomach CT scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment